5-3 ACCESSORY GEARBOX (AVIM) (Continued)
1. Install packings (43), (44) and (45).
2. Install packings (49) on transfer tube (48). Install
3. Install packings (47) on transfer tube (46). Install
4. Rotate compressor until hole in splined shaft is at 12
o'clock. Coat ball (53) with Petrolatum (E.20) and install
5. Install packings (51) and (52) on oil tank tube (50).
6. Install Puller/Pusher (T.30), with nut unscrewed well
back toward the handle, through gearbox housing
center-boss into the input gearshaft and screw home.
Thread loose tool body into center-boss, finger-tight
only. Push-pull tool handle to establish end float in the
input gearshaft, then run nut and washer along the tool
thread up to the tool body. Carefully tighten nut while
holding the tool handle still, to remove end float.
7. Align oil pressure and scavenge tubes (41) and
install accessory gearbox on compressor inlet case.
8. Install washers (39) and nuts (38) on the short studs.
GO TO NEXT PAGE