6-1 FUEL CONTROL ASSEMBLY (Continued)
6-1-3 INSTALLATION (Cont)
Do not force fuel control unit into
engagement. If necessary rotate drive
shaft to line up with coupling splines.
4. Install fuel control unit carefully on fuel pump
mounting studs, insure preformed packing (13) is
correctly seated and that drive shaft splines mesh
correctly with splines in coupling (14).
5. Secure unit (12) to fuel pump studs with four plain
washers (11) and nuts (10). Torque nuts to 75 to 85
6. Remove protection caps from orifices and tube ends.
7. Align elbow (16) and connect fuel inlet hose (7) to
elbow. Torque locknut (15) to 38 to 42 inch-pounds
and hose (7) connection to 170 to 200 inch-pounds .
Lockwire (E.5) locknut and hose connection.
8. Connect fuel delivery tube (8) to elbow on control
unit. Torque to 90 to 100 inch-pounds and lockwire
9. Align elbow (16) and connect air pressure tube (9).
Torque locknut (15) to 38 to 42 inch-pounds and tube
(9) connector to 90 to 100 inch-pounds. Lockwire
(E.5) locknut and tube connector.
GO TO NEXT PAGE