Section VIII. T73 ENGINES
2-55. Installation and Preparation of T73 Engines
Ensure that all unconnected hoses,
engine ports, and cable assemblies are
lockwire of the appropriate wire gage,
when instructed in the following text.
Lockwire in accordance with MS33540.
All attaching bolts or nuts, as applicable,
must be tightened to the appropriate
torque value. When special torque
values are not specified in the text, refer
to chapter 6 of this technical manual for
standard torque values.
Prepare the engine test dolly assembly as
shown in figure 2-47, observing the following:
(1) Remove four bolts (2) and four washers (3)
to detach the data acquisition assembly (1) from the
shock mounts on the channel assemblies (4).
(2) Carefully lift the data acquisition assembly
(1) away from the engine test dolly assembly and store
in a convenient area for reinstallation during a
subsequent procedure. Store the attaching parts (2, 3)
with the data acquisition assembly.
(3) Detach the mount stand assembly (6) from
the plate (5) by removing two nuts (7), two washers (8),
and two bolts (9).
(4) Remove four nuts (10), four washers (11),
and four bolts (12).
(5) Attach the hook of a suitable hoist to the
ring bolt (13) and remove the mount stand assembly (6)
from the test dolly frame assembly (14).
(6) Store the mount stand assembly (6) and all
attaching parts in a convenient area for reinstallation on
the test dolly frame assembly (14) after completion of
Install the mount stand assembly on the test
dolly frame assembly as shown in figure 2-47 and as
(1) Attach the hook of a suitable hoist to the
lifting eye of the sling assembly (15), then attach the
four safety hooks of the sling assembly to the lifting
points of the mount stand assembly (16).
(2) Position the mount stand assembly (16) on
the test dolly frame assembly (14) and align the
attaching holes in the two structures.
(3) Remove the hoist and sling assembly (15).
(4) Install the 16 bolts (17), 16 tapered washers
(18), 16 flat washers (19), and 16 nuts (20). Tighten the
KEY TO FIGURE 2-47.
Data acquisition assembly
Mount stand assembly
13. Ring bolt
14. Test dolly frame assembly
15. T73 Sling assembly - LTCT21953-01
16. Mount stand assembly - LTCT22142-01
17. Bolt- MS9522-23
18. Tapered washer- NAS1099-8
19. Flat washer - AN960-816
20. Nut- MS21044N8
(1) Index Nos. 1 through 14 are part of Engine Test Dolly Assembly LTCT10469-02.
(2) Index Nos. 17 through 20 are provided in T73 Engine Accessories LTCT10471-10.