(1) The snubber is screwed into the high pressure gage port, accessible after fittings are discon-
(2) The snubber blocks surges from the gage. It is a ¼-28threaded section, ½ in.long, with a
0.008 to 0.012 in. diameter hole through it. The snubber contains a screwdriver slot in one end for in-
v. Low Pressure Limiter Valve VR9. (82, Fig. 6-5.)
(1) The low pressure limiter is below the ILCA manifold.
(2) The limiter is in the low-pressure side of the system. It controls flow to the LOW PRESS gage
and selected valves. The valve is it-dine mounted and includes a knurled adjustment knob with a posi-
tive lock. Flow can be controlled up to 3 gpm. The valve includes a corrosion-resistant steel piston in a
carbon steel housing.
Accessories are stored in the covers of both units. Descriptions of these items are given below.
a. Test Authority Covers 145GS278-12 and -13. (See fig. 1-4.)
(1) The authority covers are stored in the cover of the test unit. They are mounted on the ILCA ex-
tensible link during test.
(2) The covers are made of aluminum. The covers are interchangeable and are used during test to
establish a standard stroke for an extensible link. The standard established by the cover is equivalent to
the authority of an extensible link in the yaw axis.
Pressure Hose 145GS278-18. (See fig. 1-4.)
(1) The pressure hose is stored in the cover, secured with seven quick-release type clamps.
(2) The hose is a ½ in. x 96 in. long pressure hose with flared fittings. It connects the pressure fit-
of the AVIM hydraulic shop set to the hydraulic test unit SUPPLY fitting.
Return Hose 145GS278-19. (See fig. 1-4.)
(1) The return hose is stored with seven quick-release type clamps in the cover of the unit.
(2) The hose is a ½ in. x 96 in. low pressure hose with flared fittings. It connects the return fitting
of the AVIM hydraulic shop set to the hydraulic test unit RETURN fitting.
d. Force gage 145GS278-16. (See fig. 1-4.)
(1) The force gage is stored in the center of the hydraulic unit cover by four thumb screws. The
thumb screws are attached to the cover by cables.
(2) The gage is a push-to-indicate type, capable of indicating 0 to 80 lb (38 kg) of force. The gage
is used to measure the force applied to the jam simulation button during an ILCA test.
e. Electrical Power Cable 145GS278-4. (See fig. 1-2.)
(1) The cable is stored in the cover of the electrical unit.
(2) The cable is 3 conductor and 6 ft long. It connects the electrical unit to a source of single-
phase 115-volt 60-Hz ac power.
f. Test Cables 145GS278-5 and-6. (See fig. 1-2.)
(1) The cables are stored in the cover of the electrical unit. When in use, No. 1 cable is connected
between the electrical unit and No. 1 extensible link of an ILCA under test. No. 2 cable is connected
between the electrical unit and No. 2 extensible link.