6. MlL-DTL-83723 SERIES II.
7. MIL-DTL-83723 Series II connectors are thread
coupled with rear release, rear removable, crimp
contacts. Hermetic connectors are available with non-
removable solder type contacts (Figure 1).
8. GROMMET SEALING PLUGS. The grommets of
environment resisting connectors are designed to accept
sealing plugs in accordance with MS27488 to be used
where unwired contacts are placed. The connector
when ordered as a unit will have sealing plugs enclosed
to equal 15 percent of the number of contacts but not
less than one.
inserts have a resilient face with individual pin barriers
to seal against the hard face socket insert. The resilient
interface seal provides individual contact seals in mated
condition between each contact and shell.
10. SHELL. Shells including mounting flanges are of
one-piece construction and designed to retain their
Figure 1. MIL-C-83723 Typical Connector
inserts in one position by mechanical means. Each plug
and receptacle has at least one blue color band, which
indicates rear release retention system, and is located
13. PART NUMBER. The following paragraphs contain
to be readily visible.
information necessary for proper selection and
procurement of connector (Figure 2).
11. COUPLING. Connectors shall be capable of being
fully coupled and uncoupled without use of tools.
14. M i l i t a r y S p e c i f i c a t i o n S h e e t . T h e m i l i t a r y
specification sheet denotes military standard.
denoted by their part numbers. This means that the
15. Service Class. The service class is a letter code
master keyway is rotated to prevent mis-mating of
denoting environment resisting ability.
similar connectors in a similar location. A plug with a
16. Shell Size. The shell size is indicated by a progressive
with same letter. The inserts do not rotate, only the
keyway is rotated.