4-10. DAY SENSOR SUBASSEMBLY INSTALLATION ON DAYSIDE TEST BENCH. (CONT)
(4) Remove day sensor subassembly from base assembly (1, figure 4-3) as follows:
Two types of base assemblies are used with the inner case of the DSA
shipping and storage container. Type B has a support plate attached to the
base assembly with two bolts. Type A has no support plate.
(a) For type A base assembly, loosen clamp assembly (2) by loosening and turning clamp bolt
counterclockwise enough to allow day sensor subassembly (3) to be removed.
(b) For type B base assembly, loosen clamp assembly (2) by loosening and turning clamp bolt
counterclockwise until clamp halves touch bolt heads (4).
(c) Grasp day sensor subassembly with both hands. Gently lift it straight up until guide pins
(5) are out of guide holes in day sensor subassembly mounting flange.
b. Day Sensor Subassembly Installation on Insert/Adapter.
(1) Ensure that optics cover (1, figure 4-4) is mounted on large lens.
(2) Orient day sensor subassembly (2) so that large lens is pointing down. Carefully place day
sensor subassembly onto workbench tabletop (3) as shown.
(3) If necessary, loosen clamp assembly (4) by loosening and turning clamp bolt
counterclockwise. There should be at least 2 inches between clamp bolt's inner surfaces.
(4) Orient insert/adapter so that clamp bolt is on the right and pointing down, as shown.
(5) Aline guide holes (5) on day sensor subassembly with guide pins (6) on insert/adapter and
mount insert/adapter to day sensor subassembly.
(6) Set torque wrench to 100 in-lb and-tighten clamp assembly (4) with torque wrench. Ensure
that day sensor subassembly is properly secured to insert/adapter by checking for no free
movement between the two.
c. Day Sensor Subassembly and Insert/Adapter Installation on Dayside Test Bench.
(1) Make sure nothing is mounted to sensor mount assembly. Remove optics covers from sensor
mount optics, if present.