4-11. DAY SENSOR SUBASSEMBLY REMOVAL FROM DAYSIDE TEST BENCH. (CONT)
b. Day Sensor Subassembly Removal from Dayside Test Bench.
Optics are exposed during this task and must be protected from contamination.
Careless handling of day sensor subassembly could result in contaminated
Careless handling of support equipment can also damage optic assemblies.
Never touch optic surfaces with bare hands.
Never attempt to lift or move day sensor subassembly using optic assemblies
Any force or pressure on optic assemblies could cause damage or
Two people are required when performing this task.
(1) Ensure that all cables have been removed from the day sensor subassembly.
(2) Hold insert/adapter (1, figure 4-9) in place on sensor mount (2).
(3) Push sensor mount handle (3) to unlock position (away from operator).
(4) Remove insert/adapter and day sensor subassembly from sensor mount.
(5) Orient day sensor subassembly so that large lens is pointing down. Place day sensor
subassembly on workbench tabletop.
(6) Loosen clamp assembly securing insert/adapter to day sensor subassembly and remove