2-12. CHANNEL BALANCE ADAPTER INSTALLATION. (CONT)
Excessive strain can cause serious injury.
Dont: Attempt to lift or carry heavy objects alone.
Do: Get help for lifting or carrying heavy objects.
If you experience a sudden pain while lifting or discomfort after lifting, get
medical help at once.
Ensure that insert/adapter and TADS NSA are held firmly in place prior to
unlocking sensor mount handle.
Two people are required when performing this task.
(2) Hold insert/adapter and TADS NSA firmly in place.
(3) Push sensor mount handle (figure 2-19) up to unlock position and remove insert/adapter and
TADS NSA from sensor mount assembly.
When placing TADS NSA on workbench, ensure that TADS NSA is resting
on its ballast plates. Do not rest TADS NSA on mirror assembly.
(4) Place TADS NSA on edge of workbench.
(5) Remove insert/adapter (1, figure 2-20) from TADS NSA by loosening clamp assembly (2).
c. TADS NSA/Channel Balance Adapter Installation on Nightside Test Bench.
(1) Place TADS NSA on edge of workbench tabletop with mounting flange facing operator.
(2) Aline channel balance adapter guide pins (1, figure 2-21) with guide pin holes (2) on TADS
NSA mounting flange. Ensure that adapter is oriented with clamp assembly bolt (3) in the up
position, as shown. Mount adapter to TADS NSA.
(3) Ensure that clamp guide pin is in guide pin alinement hole of adapter and that adapter
mounting surface is flush against TADS NSA mounting surface.