(7) Battery ram air intake -- Check free of obstruction.
(8) TAS probe -- Check condition and free of obstruction.
* (9) Auxiliary tank fuel sump drain -- Check for leaks.
A cold oil check is unreliable. Oil should be checked within 10 minutes after stopping engine. If more
than 10 minutes have elapsed, motor engine for 40 seconds, then recheck. If more than 10 hours
have elapsed, run engine for 2 minutes, and then recheck. Add oil as required. Do not overill.
* (1) Engine oil -- Check oil level, add as required, and oil cap secure.
(2) Engine compartment, left side -- Check for fuel and oil leaks, security of oil cap, and condition.
Check door secure.
(3) Left upper cowl locks -- Locked.
(4) Left exhaust stack -- Check for cracks and free of obstruction.
(5) Propeller blades and spinner -- Check blade condition, security of spinner, and free propeller
(6) Engine air inlets and ice vane -- Check free of obstruction and ice vane extended.
(7) Right upper cowl locks -- Locked.
(8) Right exhaust stack -- Check for cracks and free of obstruction.
(9) Engine compartment, right side -- Check for fuel and oil leaks and condition. Check door secure.
c. Right main landing gear -- Check.
* (1) Tires -- Check condition.
(2) Brake assembly -- Check. Also check brake deice assembly and bleed air hose for condition
* (3) Shock strut -- Check for signs of leakage and minimum strut extension (5.5 inches) and that left
and right strut extension is approximately equal.
(4) Torque links -- Check condition.
(5) Safety switch -- Check condition, wire, and security.
(6) Wheel well, doors, and linkage -- Check for signs of leaks, broken wires, security, and condition.
* (7) Fuel sump drains (forward) -- Check for leaks.
* d. Fire extinguisher pressure -- Check pressure within limits (Table 8-1).
e. Right wing -- Check.
* (1) General condition -- Check.
(2) Recessed and heated fuel vents -- Check free of obstructions.
(3) Inverter inlet and exhaust louvers -- Check free of obstructions.
(4) DC GPU access door -- Secured.
(5) Inboard dipole antenna sets -- Check for security and cracks at mounting points, bonding
secure, free of cuts and cracks.
(6) Wing ice light -- Check condition.
(7) Outboard deice boot -- Check for secure bonding, cracks, loose patches, stall strip, and
* (8) Tie down -- Released.
* (9) Main tank fuel and cap -- Check fuel level visually, condition of seal, and cap tight and properly
(10) Recognition light -- Check condition.