Install O-ring (figure 1, 17) into fuel nozzle body (6).
Lock pins must be installed with flat surfaces facing out from body. Installing lock
pins in the wrong direction will cause body to lock onto collar, preventing nozzle
Install three each springs (figure 1, 15), index pins (16), and lock pins (14).
Assemble plate (figure 1, 12) to seal (11) and secure with retaining ring (13). Install onto fuel nozzle body (6).
10. Aline fuel nozzle body (figure 1, 6) lug with nozzle collar (3) groove and insert fuel nozzle body (6) into nozzle collar
(3). Turn body to the right until body and collar engage so that bearing race alines with screw hole in nozzle collar.
Do not use any form of grease on screw or balls.
11. Install all 49 ball bearings (figure 1, 4) through screw hole in nozzle collar (3) and install screw (2).
12. Using adapter (figure 2), engage the collar (3) and rotate lever (figure 1, 7) to the open position to extend shaft (10) to its
fullest open position.
13. Screw poppet (figure 1, 8) onto the shaft (10) such that the hole in the shaft is approximately centered in the slotted area
of the poppet (8).
14. Close the poppet (figure 1, 8) and disengage the collar (3) from the adapter flange and set the nozzle on its inlet end. If
the poppet is difficult to close, reopen the unit and loosen the poppet one half turn and repeat until the nozzle closes.
Place a straight edge across the center of the elastomer lip of the seal . Use feeler gages to measure the average
dimension between the bottom of the straight edge and the poppet face. This dimension should be 0.070 to 0.110 inch
(1.8 to 2.8 mm). If it is not, calculate the required poppet dimension as follows.
One quarter (1/4) turn of the poppet axially displaces the poppet face about 0.020 inch
If gap is too large, unscrew (loosen) the poppet (figure 1, 8) one quarter (1/4) turn for each 0.020 inch (0.51 mm) of
If gap is too small, tighten the poppet (figure 1, 8) one quarter (1/4) turn for each 0.020 inch (0.51 mm) of required
15. Once the proper poppet (figure 1, 8) adjustment is made, rotate the poppet toward the tightening direction until the next
slot in the poppet is in line with the hole in the shaft (10). Insert the cotter pin (9) and bend over the ends to retain in